|Job Title:||Civil Supervisor, CVS|
|Date of issue:||27/08/2021|
|Project||DCU Rijeka, Croatia|
|Job type/Contract:||Temporary, start date August 2021.|
|Salary range:||Competitive salary package with benefits|
|Job summary/Role description|
|The Civil Supervisor (CVS) is responsible for the coordination of the Civil and Building construction activities, ensuring that the Building Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to the Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.|
|Duties and responsibilities|
- Prior to the start of works, check the Supplier’s material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments.
- Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
- Ensure the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
- Directly participate to the HSE activities at site as defined for his position in the Site HSE plan and related procedures;
- Check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- Check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
- Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per Site Inspection Plans;
- Prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate nonconformity resolution;
- Detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- Check Subcontractors’ work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval;
- Manage vendor specialists.
|Knowledge & Qualifications|
|University Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent|
- Significant experience in construction of fertilizer or petrochemical plants;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a Civil Supervisor;
- Similar role covered in projects that are of a comparable size;
|Skills and Abilities|
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail, excellent communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
|Special Requirements and Comments|
|Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.|
Only candidates that have the right to work in the EU will be considered for the position.
The information submitted shall include:
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.