Start: August 2020
Reports to: Procurement manager
Salary: According to experience and competence
Benefits: Contribution to TFL subscription (Zone 1/2)
Location: London, Mayfair
Date of issue: 21/07/2020
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will take part to and support the procurement activity services related of spare parts for industrial equipment (oil & Gas and petrochemical) performed by the British branch on behalf of the Italian group.
The purpose of the Buyer/Logistic assistant is to contribute to the delivery of the purchasing strategy.
The successful candidate will ensure the supply chain is managed in a pro-active, robust and outcome led way. You will be required strong motivation, communication and negotiation skills to perform in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Managing new enquiries: including selecting suppliers, evaluating total cost of acquisition, negotiation, production/manufacturing and logistics. Planning work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
- Ensure proper use of the procurement procedures and follow up administration.
- Effectively manage budget of purchasing process to maintain best price.
- Lead the projects to make them happen, problem solving, trouble shooting, risk assessments, offering up solutions, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to required quality levels.
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance is maintained.
- Maintain standards, polices, documentation, systems and procedures to ensure the continued development of the supply function.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University degree
- 1-3 year experience as buyer, purchasing/procurement process. Best in industrial context
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency of common software packages
- MS Excel expert
- Able to deal quickly and effectively with large amount of information
- Well organised, methodical, patient, determined, used to stressful situations
- Attention to details and correct execution of processes. Rigorous attitude to the tasks
- Sharp communication skills
- Fluent English
- Fluent Italian
The candidates must have the right to work in the UK.